The Days and Nights of House Corinthyen
First off, concerning the sidebar nav menu:
- New wikis should also include a copy-pasted version of the sidebar menu, preferably pasted a long ways down in the box to avoid accidental edits – I recommend copying the version from the Main Page.
- It was causing some issues earlier, by invisibly extending to block links on the lefthand side of the page (such as Home and Adventure Log among many, many others).
- I have fixed that issue, but have not made the change on every page of the wiki yet. Doing that may take a little while.
- In the meantime, if you stumble across a page where the links are still being blocked – such as a character sheet, or an article in Places, Culture, or History – feel free to fix it yourself. The edit is simple, and you only need to delete a single digit.
- Please don’t edit the sidebar nav menu any farther than that – it’s almost longer than I would like, already, and more items will only clutter it up.
- You may have to scroll down a ways to find the menu code – it’s a bunch of nested divs, so it should be obvious. If it’s not, don’t worry, just leave it and I’ll find it eventually.
The line you need to edit should look like this:
The fix, like I said, is simple. Just delete the “1” and “0” in the “150,” changing it to a “5,” like so:
That’ll do it! B-e-a-utiful!
Continuing the topic of formatting:
- If you create a new wiki page, please use some kind of background image or coloring – the plain white gets a little boring, in my opinion. You don’t have to use the parchment background that I’ve been posting with, but do give the page a little color.
- On the other hand, don’t go nuts – a little color keeps things fresh, but a lot is distracting. I trust you all to know the difference.
The template for adding a background image is this:
<div style="background-image:url(https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-c1CXHEsPDMg/TfpMS4xu3II/AAAAAAAAAuw/M0DZuovdWEc/backg.JPG)"> <br />
And then below the body of your text, add this:
<br /> </div>
Easy as pie!
That’s all I’ve got for now. If you want to get creative with your wiki formatting, but don’t know how, I recommend reading through the Textile reference doc and the allowed html tags. You can also find a lot of handy html how-to sites with a quick Google search.
EDIT: Oh, silly me! You should also most definitely consider reading the official unofficial FAQ, which is full of brilliant coding tips specific to the Portal.